A petition has been launched on SignOn.org to the President of the US, the National Security Council, and the Cuba Desk at the US Dept. of State asking for the removal of Cuba from the State Department's list of state sponsors of terrorism.
At the moment of posting, it already had nearly 2,000 signatures and is growing by the minute.
You can see the petition here: http://signon.org/sign/cuba-
The rationale and background for the petition are also found at this link but for a convincing mainstream argument as to why the US should make this change to its policy one should look no further than this editorial in the Boston Globe.
What you can do
- Please sign the petition.
- Forward it to your lists and everyone else you can think of - with your endorsement and request for signatures
- Share it on your websites and Facebook pages
- Tweet it
- Include it in your newsletters (on-line, especially) - we expect the petition to be active for months, as long as it keeps growing
- Help in any way that you can to reach the benchmark of 25,000 signatures, which is when the White House might start paying attention.
This is something the President can do, and should do, in the first year of his second term.
It needs 25,000 signatures before the White House will take any notice.